This position is responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality,, presentation & flavor for the dinning rooms, banquets and other food facilities resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
- Plans menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals.
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards.
- order and maintain inventory food and supply.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients.
- Train, develop and motivate culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Provides direction for all day to day operations in the kitchen.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft packages
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Experience in hospitality management or equivalent culinary university degree.
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar capacity/function in the hospitality sector.