The accountant is responsible for tracking every financial transaction that occurs in the hotel to ensure that all incoming and outgoing money is recorded and handled accurately.
- Producing an accurate set of month - end accounts with comparisons to forecast
- Preparing budgets and business planning including projected room revenue.
- Payroll management
- Review and approve all reconciliation & audit work papers.
- Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow.
- Accomplishes accounting & organizing mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintain financial security by following internal control
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operation by keeping financial information confidential
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Minimum BSc in Accounting/Finance or any other related field.
- Technological/computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Critical thinking
- Writing and oral communication
- Problem Solving skills
- Time Management skills
- Reporting skills
- General Math Skills
- Minimum 2 years work experience with previous accounting office experience, or experience in hotel or hospitality related finance and accounting.