Report To: Manager
The chef will be responsible for controlling and directing the food preparation process as well as constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings and approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
You will be the first in command in the kitchen facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
· Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
· Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
· Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
· Leadership skills
· Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
· Excellent time management abilities
· Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
· Familiarity with sanitation regulations
· Culinary school diploma preferred
The capacity to work under extreme pressure.
Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software)